Spring is here and we are looking for new trustees and a trustee/treasurer to join our board! We are looking for three enthusiastic trustees with excellent people skills, who have the passion to make a difference.
Due to many changes over the last two years, we are pivoting the charity with a view to raising our profile and reach. We have had some amazing and very generous fundraising activities over the past few years. We are keen to continue our good work in this area so we can fund lots more projects at the Hospital and in the local community.
Do you have:
- a commitment to the charity
- willingness to put in the necessary time and effort required as a Board member
- good, independent judgement
- an understanding and acceptance of the duties and responsibilities of trusteeship
- the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
If so, you may be the person we’re looking for! You can read more about our work and our impact here.
For the trustee/treasurer position, you will have a guardian role over the charity finances, although final responsibility rests with the board of trustees as a whole. The ideal candidate will have previous finance, accounts or treasurer experience. There is a part-time bookkeeper in place to support this role, as well as an outside accountant/independent examiner. You will be responsible for:
- general financial oversight of the charity
- reviewing financial performance
- financial reporting (statutory finances are prepared by an external accountant)
- ensuring the charity has robust financial controls in place
- liaising with the charity’s bookkeeper and accountant/independent examiner
The hospital is based in Hammersmith, West London, but we are flexible on your location in the UK, as we are all meeting and working remotely. These are voluntary roles. Get in touch by emailing email@example.com